Citizen G'kar: Musings on Earth

January 02, 2008

Rudy Surrogate: "I Don't Subscribe To The Principle That There Are Good Muslims And Bad Muslims&quot

Talking Points Memo
John Deady, the co-chair of New Hampshire Veterans for Rudy, is standing by the comments he made in the controversial interview with The Guardian we posted on below, in which he said that "the Muslims" need to be chased "back to their caves."


In an interview with me, Deady confirmed that when he made the comments, he was referring to all Muslims. "I don't subscribe to the principle that there are good Muslims and bad Muslims," Deady told me by phone from his home in New Hampshire. "They're all Muslims."


[..]In the earlier interview with The Guardian, Deady said of Muslims: "We need to keep the feet to the fire and keep pressing these people until we defeat or chase them back to their caves or in other words get rid of them."


When I asked Deady to elaborate on his suggestion that we need to "get rid" of Muslims, Deady said: "When I say get rid of them, I wasn't necessarily referring to genocide. What I was referring to is, stand up to them every time they stick up their heads and attack us. We can't afford to say, `We'll try diplomacy.' They don't respond to it. If you look into Islamic tradition, a treaty is only good for five years. We're not dealing with a rational mindset here. We're dealing with madmen."


When I asked Deady if this was also a reference to all Muslims, he said: "I am talking about Muslims in general."

No comments: